Believers in Christ Jesus are not under Hebrew law. That law is a schoolmaster that teaches us about God, but it has no effect on us. Because of this, some people might disparage the law, saying that it has no value. Such a conclusion is incorrect.
The Law is Good
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully … (1 Timothy 1: 8)
We learn from the Bible that the law has uses that are both good and bad. Therefore, we must rightly divide the Word so that we apply it properly as a teacher, and not as a dictator. Still realize that the law is not for born again believers.
… the law is not laid down for the just … (1 Timothy 1:9)
Who the law is for
- the lawless and disobedient
- for the ungodly and sinners
- for the unholy and profane
- for those who strike their fathers and mothers
- for murderers
- the sexually immoral
- men who practice homosexuality
- enslavers (That is, those who take someone captive to sell him into slavery)
- whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine